Saturday, February 28, 2009
Competition
As we're working on our simulation I find that competing can ruin or make an industry. Our company is trying not to directly compete with any other company in the industry. Obviously some competition is necessary, but in order to compete most effectively, I find that competition by using niches is best. As we're making decisions to better our cars, we look at the competition and try to find places in which the market has not yet been addressed... i.e. niches. It's worked pretty well so far and I find that other companies can do well in the industry that looks for niches instead of directly competing. This way, everyone wins and gets a part of the market. However, it's just like the prisoner's dilemma in the fact that eventually one company will want the best of everything and will try to crowd out the other companies... and then the whole industry suffers and the customers don't get the variety they would like.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment